Publication of the book Amazon Your Business / Opportunities and solutions in the rainforest has resulted in huge visibility of the incentives of a sustainable forest economy in the Amazon. After its release in June 2007, the book has been distributed to 86 countries. Amazon Your Business has generated more business in sustainable products from the rainforests in the Amazon. It contributes to growth of a sustainable forest economy in the region.
Results as of 1 March 2010
Distribution of more than 8000 copies to 86 countries in five continents.
- Global multinationals have ordered the book. At least 16 new entrepreneurs in Europe, USA and South-Africa are interested to do business with Amazon producers, some have started already. A number of Amazon producers in the book have expanded their business.
- Excellent international reviews.
- Second, extended prints of English edition and Portuguese edition.
- Around the globe, Amazon Your Business is regarded to be a valuable source of information on the development of a sustainable forest economy. The strategies and concepts which are presented in Amazon Your Business can be applied in forests around the world. Amazon Your Business is being used as a reference book in South-America, Central-America, Eastern-Europe, Asia and Africa.
- The Organizing Committee of the Global Assembly of the Club of Rome in October 2009 in Amsterdam has adopted the book Amazon Your Business and has presented all speakers with a copy.
Many high ranking persons have received the book in their own person from the writer. Among them are the Dalai Lama, President Lula of Brazil, Queen Beatrix, Founder President of the Green Cross and former President of the Soviet Union Mikhail Gorbachev, Prince Philip, Prince Albert II of Monaco, natural history filmmaker Sir David Attenborough, Secretary-General of the Amazon Cooperation Treaty Organization and former President of Ecuador Rosalía Arteaga, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Wangari Maathai, IUCN Director-General Julia Marton-Lefèvre, WWF Director-General Jim Leape, Jeffrey Sachs – author of the bestseller The End of Poverty and Special Advisor to United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon -, United Nations Climate Executive Secretary Yvo de Boer and Ahmed Djoghlaf, Executive Secretary of the United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity.
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org